Friday, November 28, 2008

ERIN68 FROG & SATIN GALLI "Inspiration"

by julieanne rau

Whoever is bringing in the talent to Gia’s is doing a great job! On Wednesday night, Nov 26th, the amazing duo of Erin68 Frog and Satin Galli stepped to the stage and WOWed the socks off me.

Playing to a packed house of 45 people, which Erin later told me is all too common for them, their twelve songs did everything from entertain me to make me thoughtful to make me wonder. I usually play “try and categorize the music” game with each performer I review but I just can’t with these two. Tunes like “The Doors - Touch Me”, “KT Tunstall’s – Black Horse and a Cherry Tree” , “Olivia Newton-John’s – Let Me Be There” makes it impossible as the type of music they choose fits their voice and personality.

My favorite part of the night was a solo, in which Satin Galli sang “Hallelujah – by Leonard Cohen”. I know when a song inspires me enough when I run out and buy sheet music to play it on my piano. Yes, he’s that good!
Of the 12 songs, 10 of them were duets and that’s where these two really shine. Tunes like “Greased Lighting by John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John” to there closing number “I got you Babe – By Sonny and Cher”, demonstrated to me the chemistry that it takes to make a duet. From their light hearted banter to the mix of the melody, there is more there than music (wink wink)
All in all, I loved the performance! Backtracks were well done, very professional attitude on the stage, clear mic’s (nothing makes me more agitated than someone coughing, sneezing or just general background noise), and I just generally believe Satin has one of the sexiest voices I have heard. He could sing me the phonebook!!
If you want to hear them, try these sites

www.myspace.com/erin68frog or www.myspace.com/satingalli



(video courtesy of tracy serra)

No comments: